INCITE
Somehow Incite eluded me for far too long, about 2 years. It was a little bit of a surprise considering that I am a very big fan of Max Cavalera, co-founder of Sepultura who left in 1993 to start Soulfly (who released another studio album last year entitled Savages. Incite is fronted by Max's eldest son, Richie Cavelera. Though Richie and younger brother Zyon appeared on the Savages album with Soulfly, I respect how Max Cavalera allowed Richie to create a name for himself. It gave me the idea that Richie has quite the stance himself.
I had the chance last summer when Soulfly had rolled into Fargo, ND with Incite opening. I was originally disappointed as such a "true to their roots" band ended up playing at The Hub's House of Rock bar, I also felt the turn out was pretty disappointing considering they had very little publicity in town. However, there's a particular advantage to having a smaller room and room for fans to go nuts.
Regrettably, I don't remember who the first band out was. However, when Richie stepped out after the intro and blasted into the first Incite song, I just simply smiled. Yes, smiled. Fans Had seen pictures of Richie since he was hip high or even younger and here, he stood a musician of his own merit. Kevin McAllister (guitars) was equally impressive and obviously grew up with the late great Dimebag Darrell as his idol. However, he as well has a style of his own despite the likely influence.
One of the songs that stood out the most is "Hopeless". It's pretty awesome that they were able to take near "crossover" guitar riffs but keep the depth of "heavy" at a maximum. I'm not going to say that metal is down now, but it did give me a shiver up my spine as I as reminded of the 1990's metal. From start to finish, Incite played with heart and soul. I must say that Richie's eye stare is chilling, but in a metal setting, this is a good thing. Despite the heavy influence of many members, esp Richie who has really claimed a style of his own, Incite exceeded expectations about 20 times over. Which of course led a great bridge for headlining Soulfly (now also featuring Tony Compose formerly of Static X).
INCITE Home
**As always, if there are any inaccurate information, please let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment